Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rockstar

Oh, Rockstar Games, you magnificent bastards. Once again you have created a masterpiece in gaming. Of course I'm talking about Red Dead Redemption.

As it seems with all of Rockstar's franchises, sequels allow for perfection. (see: Grand Theft Auto & Grand Theft Auto 2 in comparison to GTA3, GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas) The first Red Dead - Red Dead Revolver - was good, but seriously lacking in my opinion. I expected a much better experience than I got. And I was sceptical when I heard about Redemption, because of my experiences with Revolver. I am so sorry for doubting. By now, I should know that Rockstar hardly ever disappoints (except, and this is my opinion, when they put too much into a game and it takes away from the actual story and gameplay...*cough*GTA4*cough*)

To this day, GTA3 is my favorite of the series. I think this is because of the complete reboot he franchise received when it went from the Playstation to the Playstation 2. Long gone were the crappy graphics and top down view of GTA, GTA: London 1972 and GTA2. Celebrity voice talent, 3rd person point of view, engaging storylines, all created a masterpiece. And you have done it again with Red Dead Redemption. Thank you, Rockstar Games.

Now if we could only get Bully 2.

1 comment:

  1. Dammit, yet another game that seems to be a must-have that I'll have to get yet never have any time to play. :(

    ReplyDelete