Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Horror Movie Survivor Hall of Fame

As I mentioned in my very first post, I had an idea for a Hall of Fame for Horror movie survivors. Giving this idea some thought I actually came up with some criteria for the inductees:

1) They must survive at least 2 (two) movies in a franchise.
2) The movies must be of the same franchise, remakes do NOT count.
3) The character must be the same, even if the actor portraying them changes.
4) The villain does NOT count as a survivor.
5) Survivors must be a major character in the story, background characters do NOT count.

However, these rules leave a larger section of characters in horror movies out. So on top of the major inductees, I plan on having a secondary award: The Shortened Lifetime Achievement Award.

1) They must appear in 2 (two) movies.
2) They must NOT survive their second movie.
3) Rules 2 - 5 from above are the same.

As I am compiling my lists of recipients, I am looking at a 2:1 ratio (2 SLAA to 1 SHoF) for recipients. I'm looking to update the Hall of Fame at least once a month. If you have any suggestions for either a Survivor Hall of Fame inductee or a Shortened Lifetime Achievement winner, post your nominations in the comments.

Stay tuned for the First Horror Movie Survivor Hall of Fame update coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment